October 15, 2011

The Inspiration for Echelon Donates - An Echelons Story


Jared Leto wasn't the only one inspired on his trip to Haiti in December 2010. Who would have thought this video would be the launching pad for making a difference & not just wishing for things to change.

 

Listening to music (especially 30 Seconds To Mars music) has always been inspiring. Besides the music moving me I have also been moved by their fans. Seeing Lily from @TheEchelonHouse using the force of the Echelon to raise funds for Habitat For Humanity made me want to do more.

In August I headed a project where the fans of 30 Seconds To Mars raised enough money to have trees planted in the Angeles National Forest through an organization I've supported for many years, TreePeople.org for Tomo Milicevic's birthday. We raised enough money to have 36 trees planted in his name.

Since my first charity birthday drive, I have partnered with Sophie in Greece (@30STMVOTE) to create Echelon Donates, where The Echelon Gives Back. What we do is feature a charity that is close to the band members' heart & promote it. No funds are filtered through us. All proceeds are donated directly to the charity.

I could not do this without the help of the Echelon. There are so many who help focus my ideas & I'd like to thank you; you know who you are.

I thank you for joining in my dream & making this bigger than I could ever hope for.

Sincerely,
Alicia Zen
@IAm_ECHELON & @NYC_ECHELON Co-Captain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Echelon Donates Design by Insight © 2009